Taxon Search Portal
Search for taxa or locations at the Taxon Search Portal.
You can search for any offered content. For wild cards use %. Alternatively, you can browse taxa.
- Anochetus grandidieri Forel: Fisher & Smith 2008 is an example that shows various external links or maps.
- Anochetus grandidieri Forel: original description
- Anochetus grandidieri is a link that includes all the treatments of this taxon, earliers usages as well as synonyms.
- This example shows two search options, using the specific search option country = Brazil or the full text search
- This examples shows the number of treatments from a particular journal, in this case Revue Suisse de Zoologie or Zootaxa
Browse by family
- This is the beta version that allows to select a family and search along the taxonomic hierarchy. Search
Famous people's taxa
- This list is an attempt to provide access to taxa named after famous people.
- This example explores the steps needed to document with the taxonomic treatments the diversity of living organisms (fish, plants, shrimps, bacteria) in Valentin's aquarium.
- This is a study to document access to ant phylogenetic literature used in preparing the "Phylogeny" section of the "Ant Biology" course at the University of Bern, Switzerland.
Top Ten Species
- Top Ten Species is a ranking of the most amazing new species published in a calendar year Top Ten Species list
Taxa Only: when activating this option only for treatment name giving taxa are searched. If this option is deactivated, the search includes all taxa, even those cited within a given treatment.
Exact Match: this option might be important when not using the "name" form for searching a taxon but using the separate taxon forms (genus, species etc.) for looking for a taxon. When the option "Exact Match" is activated, the server is looking only for exact matches.
RSS feeds for treatments:
- XML format: http://plazi.org:8080/GgSRS/xml.rss.xml
- HTML format: http://plazi.org:8080/GgSRS/html.rss.xml
Users interested in resolving the collection and catalogue numbes of observation data extracted from literature data served to and provided by GBIF can add the code to this base URL: http://plazi.org:8080/GgSRS/html? e.g. [http://plazi.org:8080/GgSRS/html?CCB380A779D3CC9E8741F1D29CDCC13A